- /MarkUp.io Alternatives
5 Top MarkUp.io Alternatives in for web agencies 2023
MarkUp.io is a feedback software tool that helps digital agencies collect and manage feedback from clients and team members on websites, web designs, and other digital assets.
It offers a variety of features, such as real-time commenting, image annotation, video commenting, task management, and collaboration tools.
In this article, we will take a look at the top 5 MarkUp.io alternatives for web agencies in 2023. We will focus on the way these tools can be used to give feedback on websites, as this is one of the most important tasks for web agencies.
Whether you're looking for a more affordable alternative, a tool with more features, or an easier tool, one of the following 5 MarkUp.io alternatives may be a better fit for you.
- Submit annotated screenshots directly from the website.
- Submit feedback using video recording. No extensions needed.
- Deep 2-way integrations with the most popular project management tools.
- Easily see where others have submitted feedback with pins.
- Captures important details like browser, OS, page, device, resolution, etc.
- Customize Feedbucket with your branding and white-labeling.
- Embedded guest portal directly on the website for easy collaboration with comments and attachments.
- Built for web agencies: Feedbucket is laser-focused on solving website development feedback from clients and team members. This lets us make certain decisions to be the best at this.
- Deep integrations with project management tools: Feedbucket integrates deeply with all major project management tools, so your team can manage all feedback from within your existing tool. So Feedbucket is not yet another tool that your team has to log in to.
Task in Asana created by Feedbucket.
- Easy for clients to use: Feedbucket requires no extensions or registration, making it easy for clients to start submitting feedback right away. This reduces friction and increases the likelihood that they will actually use the tool.
- $Pro: $39 / month
- $Business: $89 / month
- $Enterprise: $259 / month
MarkUp.io vs Feedbucket: At a Glance
|Used by||Marketing-, digital-, creative agencies||Web agencies|
|Price for web agency||$29 / month||$39 / month|
Feedbucket is a great alternative to MarkUp.io for web agencies looking for a simple and easy-to-use way to collect and manage client feedback.
It integrates deeply with your existing project management tools, so you can keep all your feedback in one place.
Created by a team of ex-web agency owners, Feedbucket is laser-focused on solving this specific problem. The Pro plan, at just $39 per month, has everything you need to get started, with unlimited projects. Try it for yourself with a 14-day free trial.
- No installation required thanks to proxy technology.
- Track multiple versions of your website to see how feedback changes over time.
- Automatically capture technical details, such as browser, device, OS, and resolution.
- Make text changes directly in the tool, without having to switch to a different editor.
- Collaborate inside of Pastel with clients and team members.
- Assign the feedback to a team member and set different statuses.
- No Installation Required: Like MarkUp.io, Pastel uses proxy technology so you can submit feedback on any website, even those you don't control. This makes it easy to collaborate with clients and team members on live websites.
- Multi-Format Feedback: Like MarkUp.io, Pastel can handle more than just websites. You can also annotate images and PDFs, which can be a big plus if your team isn't using a dedicated design tool like Figma.
- Another platform to log into: Adding Pastel to your workflow means another login to keep track of, which can be inconvenient for teams that already use multiple tools.
- Proxy limitations: The proxy functionality is convenient, but it can be limiting, especially when trying to give feedback on sites with Basic Auth or on mobile devices.
- 72-hour Commenting Window: Lower-tier Pastel plans have a 72-hour commenting window on canvases, which means that feedback can't be added or modified after 72 hours. This can be a problem for web agencies that need to collaborate on feedback for longer periods of time.
- Few Integrations: Pastel doesn't integrate with as many tools as some other feedback tools, and it doesn't support two-way syncs. This means you may need to manually export feedback to your other tools, which can be time-consuming and error-prone.
- $Free: very limited usage, impossible for web agency
- $Solo: $29 / month
- $Studio: $99 / month
- $Enterprise: $350 / month
MarkUp.io vs Pastel: At a Glance
|Used by||Marketing-, digital-, creative agencies||Marketing-, digital-, creative agencies|
|Price for web agency||$29 / month||$99 / month|
Pastel is a comparable alternative to MarkUp.io, offering similar features such as website commenting without installation and support for other file formats.
However, Pastel is a lot more expensive since Solo plan at $29 per month has a 72-hour commenting window. So most web agencies would need to go for the Studio plan at $99 a month.
- Give feedback with annotated screenshots.
- Record and replay user sessions to see what happened before submitting feedback.
- Connect with over 15 tools for deep 2-way sync.
- Create different feedback forms for team members and clients.
- Collaborate with clients on feedback using the guest portal.
- Deep 2-way integrations with project management tools: Marker.io integrates with many popular project management tools, so you can keep your data in sync. This means that if you resolve an issue in your project management tool, Marker.io will automatically update.
- Custom feedback widgets for team members and clients: Marker.io lets you create different feedback widgets for team members and clients. This is useful for agencies that want to include additional information, such as the ability to assign tasks to specific team members.
- Unlimited Projects: Marker.io doesn't limit the number of projects you can create, which is a big plus for web agencies. This gives you the flexibility to work on as many projects as you need without having to worry about hitting a limit.
- No Video Feedback: Marker.io doesn't let you give feedback with video recordings, which can be a limitation if you need to capture bugs or animations where a screenshot and text won't cut it.
- Client Account Requirement: Clients need to create an account to use the guest portal, where they can view and collaborate on feedback. This can be an extra step and a potential inconvenience, similar to inviting a client to a Trello board.
- Some features are more suited for bug reporting: Some features, like session replay, seem to be better suited for bug reporting than client feedback. These features are often found in usability testing software, not client feedback platforms.
- Per-User Pricing: Marker.io charges per user, which means they want every team member to have an account. This can be expensive if you have a large team.
- $Starter: $59 / month
- $Team: $149 / month
- $Company: $399 / month
MarkUp.io vs Marker.io: At a Glance
|Used by||Marketing-, digital-, creative agencies||Web agencies, QA teams|
|Price for web agency||$29 / month||$59 / month|
Marker.io is a compelling alternative to MarkUp.io, as it allows clients to submit feedback directly from the website.
Marker.io also offers deep 2-way integrations with popular project management tools, making it a good alternative for teams that use a project management system.
- Submit annotated feedback on live pages.
- Using the Ruttl proxy solution you can submit feedback using video recordings.
- Share a link to submit feedback.
- Submit feedback on websites, web apps, mobile apps, videos, images, and PDF's.
- Edit content, elements, images, and other assets as feedback.
- Keep multiple versions of the asset that's being reviewed.
- Custom branding and domain to make Ruttl feel like yours.
- Collaborate on live websites: Collaborate on live websites without having to install anything. This means you can leave feedback on any website, even those you don't own.
- Submit feedback on multiple resources: Submit feedback on websites, videos, images, and PDFs.
- Make design changes directly on websites: Make design changes directly on websites, including CSS and text edits. This can be useful for providing more specific feedback or for testing out changes before implementing them.
- Unlimited Projects: Paid plans offer unlimited projects, so you don't have to worry about hitting a cap as your projects grow.
- Per-user pricing model: Ruttl's per-user pricing model can quickly become expensive for teams. It's hard to really understand who needs a user account.
- No integration sync: The integrations just creates a tasks in your project management tool with a link to Ruttl, but they do not sync any data. This can be inefficient if you need to manage feedback in multiple tools.
- Chrome extension required for feedback on protected pages: Requires a Chrome extension to submit feedback on pages behind a login screen or with Basic Authentication. This can be inconvenient for web agencies that put their clients' websites on a test or staging environment before launching them.
- Trying to replace your project management tool: Ruttl requires all team members to use its platform for project management, which can be expensive and inconvenient for teams that already have a project management tool in place.
- $Free: 1 project
- $Pro: $4 / month / user
- $Team: $12 / month / user
MarkUp.io vs Ruttl: At a Glance
|Used by||Marketing-, digital-, creative agencies||Design teams, web agencies|
|Price for web agency||$29 / month||Hard to compare with user pricing|
Ruttl is a similar alternative to MarkUp.io, with a similar proxy technology for submitting feedback on websites without installing anything.
However, Ruttl requires a per-user pricing model, and it is designed to be a full-fledged project management tool. This can make it expensive and tricky to implement Ruttl if you are not ready to give up your existing project management tool.
- Submit feedback with screenshots and videos, directly on the website.
- Integrates with over 30 project management tools, including Jira, Asana, and ClickUp.
- Annotate the screenshot directly on the website.
- Provides ready-made templates to help you get started with collecting feedback..
- Allows you to collaborate on feedback with comments and attachments.
- Extensive feedback widget customization: Usersnap allows you to customize its feedback widget, including colors, required fields, and more. This lets you tailor the widget to your specific needs.
- Centralized feedback inbox: Usersnap provides a central inbox that aggregates feedback and information from all of your projects. This gives you a single view of all of your feedback, without having to navigate to individual project pages.
- Limited projects on affordable plan: Usersnap's most affordable plan limits you to just five projects. While this might work for companies focused on user feedback, as a web agency, you'll hit this limit fast.
- High price point: Usersnap is more expensive than other website feedback tools. This may be justified by the additional features it offers, but it can be a letdown for users who only need basic feedback features.
- Overwhelming Toolset: Usersnap offers a wide range of tools, which can be overwhelming to set up and use. This may be a problem for web agencies that just want a simple way to collect client feedback on websites.
- $Startup: $99 / month
- $Company: $189 / month
- $Premium: $329 / month
MarkUp.io vs Usersnap: At a Glance
|Used by||Marketing-, digital-, creative agencies||Software teams|
|Price for web agency||$29 / month||$189 / month|
Usersnap is a user feedback tool that can also be used for client feedback. It's not a direct alternative to MarkUp.io, but it's a good option for teams that need a more comprehensive solution.
Usersnap is a powerful tool, but it can be expensive for web agencies, with a monthly price of $189.
If you're a web agency looking for a MarkUp.io alternative then Feedbucket is a tool worth checking out.
It's built by a team of ex-web agency owners who understand the challenges of collecting client feedback deeply and is laser-focused on solving this problem.
If you're already using a project management tool, Feedbucket integrates deeply with most of them, so you and your team can stay in your existing tools.
Try and see how Feedbucket can help you streamline your client feedback workflow with a 14-day free trial.